Can we please just stop saying “special needs” when we mean “accommodations that level the playing field so disabled peeps can get their shit done”? I don’t have special needs. I have reasonable needs. I don’t need you to make school and work easy for me. I don’t need easier tasks. I need to be provided with the tools to make tasks doable. That’s not “special.”
Also since this very usage has resulted in “special” becoming a slur in a lot of abled people’s minds it’s really gross in that respect.
Don’t forget we have to wake up Green Day tomorrow.
Ok just a reminder to everyone: If you’re planning on tweeting billie joe armstrong “wake up” or something tomorrow, DON’T. The song is about his father’s death and so it’s really personal and treating it like a joke isn’t the right thing to do. Plus he’s asked so many times for people to stop and no one listens so yeah. Please don’t do that.
"teen girls are super crazed!! it’s unhealthy!!" u ever seen a grown man when his stupid ass football team loses
Stromae || Te QuieroI love her to death, I love her to death...
Victor Hugo, Les Misérables (via feellng)
- Video of protests on the night of Sept. 28 (video)
- Ferguson protesters claim arrests were orchestrated to squelch dissent
- 8 arrested… Protests show no signs of slowing
- Clergy join peaceful but noisy protest in Ferguson
- State Senator Maria Chappelle-Nadal claims Ferguson PD hog tied protesters
- All court cases involving Darren Wilson as an arresting officer or the lead investigator have been put on hold (x)
- In one year the % of Americans who see the criminal justice system as racist rose 9 points
- Officer shot on Sept. 27 didn’t have time to turn on body camera during shooting
- Police want to get rid of their Pentagon-issued combat gear. Here’s why they can’t.
- Who’s who of justice agencies investigating Ferguson
I’ll take this one since I’m the blog’s resident Jew. Oy vey, where do I start…
- SJ community loves to police Jewish identity and silence actual Jews when they talk about their own identities. This usually happens in context of either “Are Jews White?” or “Jewishness is just a religion” conversations. In reality, Jews are an ethnoreligious group that ethnically originated in the middle east, and while some ethnic Jews have light skin, it’s actually due to centuries of forced assimilation in European and Slavic countries through rape, which is a big reason why Jewishness is matrilineal. Furthermore, there exist Jews who do not look white at all. There are black, brown, and asian Jews who are all ethnically Jewish, and these conversations erase them.
- "Jewish privilege". Fact: It’s not a thing. It’s actually a very common anti-semitic trope that says that Jews run everything so they are not oppressed. Jews are oppressed, and face anti-semitic violence.
- "Anti-semitism is not just about Jews, there are other semitic people." While yea, there are other semitic people, the term "anti-semitism" was created by Germans in the 19th century to refer specifically to the hatred of Jews because it sounded more scientific.
- Blaming anti-semitic violence in Europe on the actions of Israel. I see this literally every single day on this site, and it’s very upsetting. Jews that live in the diaspora are not responsible for Israel’s actions, and especially should not be suffering at the hands of white people in Europe under the guise of anti-zionism.
- Finally, and this is a big pet peeve of mine. The only people I ever see reblogging posts about anti-semitism are other Jews. Even a lot of my non-Jewish followers will reblog posts about racism, sexism, homophobia, etc. but ignore posts about anti-semitism, and that as a Jew makes me feel unsafe.
That’s enough for now. If you’re interested in learning more about Jewish identity and anti-semitism, you are welcome to check out my personal blog: yochevedke. I discuss that stuff a lot.
Another Jew reblogging about anti-semitism. I’ve seen some increase in concern about this from goyim, but it’s been slow going. Hopefully we’ll pick up a big head of steam soon.
"The only people I ever see reblogging posts about anti-semitism are other Jews. Even a lot of my non-Jewish followers will reblog posts about racism, sexism, homophobia, etc. but ignore posts about anti-semitism, and that as a Jew makes me feel unsafe."
the amount with which this point in particular resonates with me is unreal
1. My Ass
A threshold moment in human evolution